Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Neelam; Jain, Suresh; Sharma, Prateek
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 1-8
- agrochemicals; compliance; cost effectiveness; environmental management; manufacturing; motivation; small and medium enterprises; surveys
- ... The motivations to implement environmental management system (EMS) practices in Indian industries are explored empirically. The study presents a survey of 104 industries from different sectors to identify the main motivational factors and firms' characteristics that determine the adoption of EMS practices by firms. The empirical evidence suggested that the comprehensiveness of the adopted EMS prac ...
- Balderas Torres, Arturo; MacMillan, Douglas C.; Skutsch, Margaret; Lovett, Jon C.
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 130-141
- air quality; carbon; carbon markets; climate change; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; emissions; forestry; forests; issues and policy; models; recreation; spatial variation; willingness to pay; Mexico
- ... Forests provide many and large benefits, including cost-efficient climate change mitigation. However international carbon markets have not stimulated the demand for forestry offsets. Domestic market-mechanisms are emerging in many countries and forests could be highly valued through these policies as most of the benefits produced by forests are enjoyed locally. Here, a choice experiment explores d ...