Jump to Main Content
- Dittmer, Kristofer
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 9-16
- banking; capital; debt; economic development; economists; resource allocation
- ... 100 percent reserve banking (C-PeRB) is an enduring proposal for monetary reform that has been taken up by some ecological economists. This paper identifies three groups of green arguments in favor of C-PeRB, and offers some criticism. First, the proposal could serve to constrain new investments by the availability of savings, thereby checking economic growth. However, this would strongly increase ...
- Nadeau, Robert L.
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 101-108
- ecological economics; ecologists; economic theory; economists
- ... The goal of the economists and ecologists who laid the conceptual foundations for ecological economics in the 1960s and 1970s was to create a scientifically informed discipline that could serve as the basis for coordinating economic activities in environmentally responsible ways. The aim of this article is to make a convincing case that the history of neoclassical economic theory provides a cohere ...