Jump to Main Content
- Vallejo, María Cristina; Burbano, Rafael; Falconí, Fander; Larrea, Carlos
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 175-185
- barrels; biodiversity; carbon dioxide; ecosystem services; greenhouse gas emissions; indigenous peoples; issues and policy; models; national parks; oils; petroleum; politics; renewable energy sources; social capital; Ecuador
- ... The Ecuadorian proposal to keep 846 million barrels of crude oil in the Yasuní National Park underground—for the purposes of avoiding CO2 emissions and to protect both the biological diversity and the indigenous peoples in isolation who inhabit this area of the Amazon—is evaluated from a “multi-criteria” analysis. The main purpose of the paper is to compare this policy option with other alternativ ...
- Misani, Nicola; Pogutz, Stefano
- Ecological economics 2015 v.109 pp. 150-160
- carbon; environmental performance; finance; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; stakeholders
- ... We examine the roles of the outcome and process dimensions of environmental performance in determining financial performance as measured by Tobin's q. Outcomes refer to the impacts of the firm on the natural environment, while processes are the firm's actions to reduce these outcomes. We focus on a specific outcome – carbon emissions – and suggest that it affects Tobin's q non-linearly. We find th ...