Jump to Main Content
- Petr Mariel; Jürgen Meyerhoff
- Ecological economics 2018 v.154 pp. 419-429
- agri-environmental policy; case studies; decision making; ecological value; farmers; logit analysis; models; willingness to pay; Germany
- ... The random parameter logit model has become the dominating model for analyzing stated choice data in environmental valuation. The unrestricted version of the model with correlated random parameters, however, is rarely applied. An important advantage of this specification is that the correlations between the parameters are not restricted to zero. These correlations can arise due to a behavioural ph ...
- Jon Strand; Richard T. Carson; Stale Navrud; Ariel Ortiz-Bobea; Jeffrey R. Vincent
- Ecological economics 2017 v.131 pp. 475-484
- Delphi method; contingent valuation; ecological value; expert opinion; experts; income; public services and goods; surveys; tropical rain forests; willingness to pay; Amazonia; Asia; Canada; Germany; Norway; United States
- ... Valuing global environmental public goods can serve to mobilize international resources for their protection. While stated-preference valuation methods have been applied extensively to public goods valuation in individual countries, applications to global public goods with surveys in multiple countries are scarce due to complex and costly implementation. Benefit transfer is effectively infeasible ...