Jump to Main Content
- Samnaliev, Mihail; Stevens, Thomas H.; More, Thomas
- Ecological economics 2006 v.57 no.3 pp. 507
- willingness to pay, etc ; contingent valuation; methodology; public lands; surveys; New Hampshire; Idaho; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... A field test of two types of certainty calibration techniques in contingent valuation of public lands indicated that a 10-point certainty scale reduced WTP estimates by about half. Adjusting for uncertainty via a 'Not Sure' option did not reduce WTP estimates but the variance increased. There are several differences between these two ways of accounting for respondents' uncertainty, which may sugge ...
- Zhang, Xin; Zhang, Xiaobo; Chen, Xi
- Ecological economics 2017 v.137 pp. 29-36
- willingness to pay, etc ; air pollution; air quality; interviews; particulates; people; per-capita income; pollution control; surveys; China; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... This paper estimates the monetary value of cutting PM2.5, a dominant source of air pollution in China. By matching hedonic happiness in a nationally representative survey with daily air quality data according to the dates and counties of interviews in China, we are able to estimate the relationship between local concentration of particulate matter and individual happiness. By holding happiness con ...
- PubMed Central: