Jump to Main Content
- Prodanovic, Veljko; McCarthy, David; Hatt, Belinda; Deletic, Ana
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.130 pp. 184-195
- aesthetics; buildings; climate; drying; greywater; irrigation management; nitrogen; nitrogen oxides; ornamental plants; phosphorus; plant growth; root systems; wastewater treatment; water purification; Australia
- ... Green walls, installed on the side of the buildings, mainly for their aesthetics and micro climate benefits, could become effective on-site greywater treatment solutions. However, far more research is needed to convert these nature-based systems into low-cost water purification technologies. This process study presents the first step in development of greywater-treating green walls by examining ho ...
- Lachapelle-T., Xavier; Labrecque, Michel; Comeau, Yves
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.130 pp. 32-44
- chemical oxygen demand; climate; coarse-textured soils; coppicing; drinking water; effluents; experimental design; filters; groundwater; municipal wastewater; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrients; organic matter; phosphorus; soil profiles; total nitrogen; total phosphorus; transpiration; vegetation; wastewater irrigation; wastewater treatment; willows; Quebec
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the treatment efficiency of a short rotation willow coppice (SRWC) vegetation filter for the treatment of wastewater from a municipal primary effluent in a humid continental climate context. The experimental work was carried out at pilot scale on a willow plantation located in Québec, Canada. The experimental design included nine plots that were irrigate ...