Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Diaoyuan; Chen, Shu; Lu, Jing; Liao, Haoxian
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.130 pp. 122-130
- algal blooms; chlorophyll; climate; engineering; equations; eutrophication; lakes; latitude; microorganisms; monitoring; monsoon season; nutrients; periphyton; poisonous algae; polyurethanes; remediation; summer; total nitrogen; total phosphorus; water quality
- ... To study the effect of periphyton on water quality, we chose to start our experiment in the summer, when microorganisms are active. In this study, we constructed six experimental groups to simulate eutrophic lakes and used polyurethane sponges as artificial substrates to support periphyton. We systematically studied the effect of periphyton on water quality and nutrient removal by monitoring water ...
- Lachapelle-T., Xavier; Labrecque, Michel; Comeau, Yves
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.130 pp. 32-44
- chemical oxygen demand; climate; coarse-textured soils; coppicing; drinking water; effluents; experimental design; filters; groundwater; municipal wastewater; nitrates; nitrogen; nutrients; organic matter; phosphorus; soil profiles; total nitrogen; total phosphorus; transpiration; vegetation; wastewater irrigation; wastewater treatment; willows; Quebec
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the treatment efficiency of a short rotation willow coppice (SRWC) vegetation filter for the treatment of wastewater from a municipal primary effluent in a humid continental climate context. The experimental work was carried out at pilot scale on a willow plantation located in Québec, Canada. The experimental design included nine plots that were irrigate ...