Jump to Main Content
- Li, Qiang; Zhou, Daowei; Denton, Matthew D.; Cong, Shan
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.131 pp. 53-62
- perennials, etc ; aboveground biomass; alfalfa; biomass production; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; ecosystem services; forage; grasses; grasslands; labile carbon; nitrogen; nitrogen fixation; nutrients; phosphorus; roots; semiarid zones; shoots; soil depth; total organic carbon; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Perennial forages provide a range of environmental benefits in managing water, nutrients and carbon. This study examined the changes in soil organic carbon stocks and the underlying mechanisms in mixtures and monocultures of alfalfa-Medicago sativa and perennial grass-Leymus chinensis in established grasslands in a semi-arid region. In constructed grasslands three systems (L. chinensis monoculture ...
- Banerjee, Ritesh; Goswami, Priya; Lavania, Seshu; Mukherjee, Anita; Lavania, Umesh Chandra
- Ecological engineering 2019 v.132 pp. 120-136
- perennials, etc ; C4 plants; Chrysopogon zizanioides; carotenoids; catalase; chlorophyll; chromium; copper; diploidy; enzyme activity; essential oils; gardens; genotype; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; grasses; growth performance; heavy metals; horticultural soils; iron; leaves; manganese; metal tolerance; mine spoil; mined soils; peroxidase; photosynthesis; phytoremediation; pigments; plant tissues; reactive oxygen species; roots; scanning electron microscopy; shoots; soil degradation; soil stabilization; superoxide dismutase; tetraploidy; zinc; India; Thailand; Show all 41 Subjects
- ... Vetiver grass, Chrysopogon zizaniodes (L.) Roberty, is a perennial C4 grass, valued for its aromatic essential oil in the roots. Vetiver attracted global attention as a natural means for diverse environmental applications including detoxification of degraded soil and water. A pilot study was conducted to investigate its potential to rehabilitate iron ore spoil dumpsites generated from the Joda Eas ...