Jump to Main Content
- Mostafa, Harby; Fujimoto, Naoya
- Ecological engineering 2014 v.70 pp. 11-15
- agricultural land; crop production; drought; irrigation management; irrigation water; rice; river deltas; water conservation; water shortages
- ... Developing ideal irrigation management methods in rice production to lessen water consumption will free-up water for other users. Water use could be minimized with proper management techniques. It is necessary to highlight the threats of water scarcity and drought, and reiterate the importance of efficient water management for rice production and the urgent need to take action to solve the underly ...
- Dai, Yanran; Tang, Haibin; Chang, Junjun; Wu, Zhenbin; Liang, Wei
- Ecological engineering 2014 v.70 pp. 397-401
- Ceratophyllum demersum; Myriophyllum; aquatic ecosystems; biogeochemistry; chlorophyll; inorganic phosphorus; macrophytes; nitrogen content; nutrients; organic matter; phosphorus; planting; sediments; species diversity; turbidity; water quality
- ... The research interest on the critical role of macrophytes in aquatic ecosystems has been mounting in recent years. Whereas the selection of plant species and restoration pattern still need further evaluations for better understanding of their relationship with aquatic ecosystem. In this study, two popular submerged macrophytes, Ceratophyllum demersum L. and Myriophyllum verticillatum L., were chos ...