Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Lihua; Song, Luping; Zhang, Liwen; Shao, Hongbo; Chen, Xiaobing; Yan, Kun
- Ecological engineering 2013 v.61 pp. 82-89
- saline soils, etc ; air temperature; ammonium nitrogen; botanical composition; carbon nitrogen ratio; correlation; denitrification; ecosystems; electrical conductivity; emissions; forage; land restoration; nitrate nitrogen; nitrification; nitrous oxide; plant communities; river deltas; soil temperature; soil water; soil water content; temporal variation; vegetation types; wetlands; China; Yellow River; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Salt-affected soils are extensively present and constitute about 7% of total land surface. However, our knowledge about nitrous oxide (N2O) production through rapid nitrification and denitrification processes between the atmosphere and the saline soil is very limited. In order to evaluate the potential of N2O consumption in saline soils, this study was therefore designed to quantify the variabilit ...
- Ouni, Youssef; Lakhdar, Abdelbasset; Scelza, Rosalia; Scotti, Riccardo; Abdelly, Chedly; Barhoumi, Zouhaier; Rao, Maria A.
- Ecological engineering 2013 v.60 pp. 363-369
- saline soils, etc ; Hordeum vulgare; Polypogon monspeliensis; application rate; arylsulfatase; beta-fructofuranosidase; bioactive properties; carbon; catalase; composts; electrical conductivity; enzyme activity; fluorescein; forage; grasses; halophytes; microbial activity; microbial biomass; municipal solid waste; nitrogen; organic matter; proteinases; soil amendments; soil microorganisms; soil pH; soil quality; urease; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... The effectiveness of compost supply at several doses (0, 50, 100, and 150t/ha) to a saline soil was studied using municipal solid waste (MSW) and palm waste (PW) composts. The experiment was carried out in pots under cultivation of Polypogon monspeliensis (halophyte forage species) and Hordeum vulgare (common forage species) and lasted three months. The investigation focused on some selected soil ...