Jump to Main Content
- Agboola, Olalekan A.; Downs, Colleen T.; O'Brien, Gordon
- Ecological indicators 2019 pp. 105465
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Coleoptera; Diptera; Gastropoda; Odonata; Oligochaeta; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; environmental factors; environmental health; environmental indicators; habitat destruction; macroinvertebrates; pollution; rivers; water; South Africa; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... This study examined the effectiveness of macroinvertebrate community-based multimetrics to assess the ecological health of 38 rivers in KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Province, South Africa. The study area comprised of headwater to lowland rivers determined by their hydro-morphology. Of the 40 tested metrics, only 11 core metrics were finally selected because of their ability to distinguish between reference ...
- Slimani, Noura; Sánchez-Fernández, David; Guilbert, Eric; Boumaïza, Moncef; Guareschi, Simone; Thioulouse, Jean
- Ecological indicators 2019 v.101 pp. 324-329
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Coleoptera; Crustacea; Heteroptera; Mollusca; Odonata; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; aquatic ecosystems; cost effectiveness; environmental indicators; freshwater; habitats; macroinvertebrates; monitoring; prediction; species richness; surveys; Mediterranean region; Tunisia; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The need to use surrogates of biodiversity is quite relevant in threatened habitats harboring high values of biodiversity, such as the Mediterranean aquatic ecosystems. In this study, we assess the performance of eight macroinvertebrate groups (Coleoptera, Heteroptera, Odonata, Trichoptera, Plecoptera, Ephemeroptera, Crustacea, and Mollusca) as surrogates of the whole aquatic macroinvertebrate ass ...