Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Zhaowu; Guo, Xieying; Jørgensen, Gertrud; Vejre, Henrik
- Ecological indicators 2017 v.82 pp. 152-162
- algorithms; cities; climate; climate change; ecology; ecosystem services; equations; heat island; landscapes; planning; radiative transfer; surface temperature; surface water; urban cool island; China
- ... The cooling effect of greenspaces is an important ecosystem service, essential for mitigating the urban heat island (UHI) effect and thus increasing urban resilience to climate change. Techniques based on landscape planning to alleviate the increasing frequency of extreme climate are becoming more of a focus in urban ecology studies. In this paper, we proposed and defined the urban cooling island ...
- Song, Qin; Zhao, Mei-Rong; Zhou, Xiao-Han; Xue, Yu; Zheng, Yu-Jun
- Ecological indicators 2017 v.82 pp. 76-81
- algorithms; data collection; gastrointestinal system; infectious diseases; morbidity; neural networks; pollutants; prediction; regression analysis; soil; China
- ... Accurate morbidity prediction can contribute greatly to the efficiency of medical services. Gastrointestinal infectious diseases are largely influenced by environmental pollutants, but predicting their morbidity based on pollution indicators is quite difficult because of the complex relationship between the pollutants and the infections. This study presents a deep neural network (DNN) model for es ...