Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Zhaowu; Guo, Xieying; Jørgensen, Gertrud; Vejre, Henrik
- Ecological indicators 2017 v.82 pp. 152-162
- algorithms; cities; climate; climate change; ecology; ecosystem services; equations; heat island; landscapes; planning; radiative transfer; surface temperature; surface water; urban cool island; China
- ... The cooling effect of greenspaces is an important ecosystem service, essential for mitigating the urban heat island (UHI) effect and thus increasing urban resilience to climate change. Techniques based on landscape planning to alleviate the increasing frequency of extreme climate are becoming more of a focus in urban ecology studies. In this paper, we proposed and defined the urban cooling island ...
- Cheng, Zhonghua; Li, Lianshui; Liu, Jun
- Ecological indicators 2017 v.82 pp. 61-75
- air pollution; autocorrelation; cities; economic development; energy; heat; industry; issues and policy; models; particulates; traffic; winter; China
- ... Exploring exactly where air pollution comes from, and identifying the key factors that influence it, can provide a scientific basis for the rational formulation and effective implementation of air pollution policies in China. Based on the data from 2001 to 2012 covering PM2.5 concentrations in 285 Chinese cities, we use dynamic spatial panel models to empirically analyze the key driving factors of ...