Jump to Main Content
- Li, Qirui; Amjath-Babu, T.S.; Zander, Peter
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.71 pp. 636-644
- household surveys, etc ; agricultural land; capital; case studies; farming systems; farms; households; humans; land management; livelihood; loess; principal component analysis; regression analysis; riparian areas; valleys; China; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The article describes how economic resilience of farming households can be measured using a composite indicator of revealed adaptive actions, and investigates how capabilities of farm households to recombine human, financial, natural and physical capitals are linked to observed economic resilience to land set-aside interventions. The land set-aside intervention known as the Grain for Green Project ...
- Haileslassie, Amare; Craufurd, Peter; Thiagarajah, Ramilan; Kumar, Shalander; Whitbread, Anthony; Rathor, Abhishek; Blummel, Michael; Ericsson, Polly; Kakumanu, Krishna Reddy
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.60 pp. 710-723
- household surveys, etc ; arid lands; assets; dryland farming; economic performance; environmental sustainability; farm structure; farmers; farms; irrigation; issues and policy; livelihood; principal component analysis; social environment; India; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The present study argues that there are heterogeneous farm systems within the drylands and each farm system is unique in terms of its livelihood asset and agricultural practice, and therefore in sustainability. Our method is based on household survey data collected from 500 farmers in Anantapur and Kurnool Districts, in Andhra Pradesh State of India, in 2013. We carried out principal component ana ...