Jump to Main Content
- Gonçalves, Sílvia C.; Anastácio, Pedro M.; Marques, João C.
- Ecological indicators 2013 v.29 pp. 549-557
- Crustacea; beaches; case studies; ecosystems; environmental impact; environmental monitoring; environmental quality; humans; life history; population ecology; Italy; Portugal; Tunisia
- ... In the last decades, the sharp increase of human activities on sandy beaches has introduced several detrimental impacts on these ecosystems, highlighting the importance of developing environmental quality assessments and sustainable management and protection plans for these environments. The study of key species at the population level represents an adequate and important approach to the ecosystem ...
- Passeri, N.; Borucke, M.; Blasi, E.; Franco, S.; Lazarus, E.
- Ecological indicators 2013 v.29 pp. 1-5
- case studies; consumer demand; cropland; ecological footprint; ecosystems; farmers; farming systems
- ... The relationship between farming management and the overexploitation of natural resources is often a theme of discussion in the environmental sciences. Moreover, farmers’ choices – driven by consumer demand – have a significant effect on the agricultural production system.The Ecological Footprint methodology as it currently implemented assumes that all cropland activities are sustained by the capa ...