Jump to Main Content
- Viglia, Silvio; Civitillo, Dario Felice; Cacciapuoti, Gianluca; Ulgiati, Sergio
- Ecological indicators 2018 v.94 pp. 82-99
- energy resources, etc ; case studies; cities; ecological footprint; economic development; ecosystem services; emergy; emissions; environmental impact; fossils; material flow analysis; metabolism; social welfare; Italy; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Cities are the engine of economic development and human wellbeing, but their dynamics needs to be supported by the convergence of large flows of material and energy resources. Assessing a city resource metabolism becomes increasingly crucial, not only concerning the relation with the environment as a source or a sink, but also concerning the internal dynamics of resource exchange among city compon ...
- Su, Meirong; Fath, Brian D.
- Ecological indicators 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 122-130
- energy resources, etc ; buildings; case studies; economic productivity; ecosystem services; ecosystems; emergy; environmental impact; health status; land use; metabolism; population density; spatial data; traffic; China; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Methods and indicators are needed to assess the urban ecosystem health status, amongst which energy and material metabolism should be integrated to enhance understanding of ecological patterns and processes of urban ecosystems. Therefore, emergy synthesis combining energetics with systems ecology is applied to assess systematically the health status of urban ecosystems. Combining ecosystem health ...