Jump to Main Content
- Feio, Maria João; Dolédec, Sylvain
- Ecological indicators 2012 v.15 no.1 pp. 236-247
- Portugal, etc ; anthropogenic activities; biogeography; biological assessment; case studies; ecological function; ecosystems; energy flow; hydrology; invertebrates; life history; models; oxygen; physiology; prediction; principal component analysis; streams; variance; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Biological traits are increasingly used for describing ecological functioning of stream benthic assemblages. Such approaches associate information on species distribution to their biological characteristics (e.g. life history, physiology, dispersal ability) providing a biological trait profile of communities. They may complement structural bioassessment measures using taxonomic composition by prov ...
- Pinto-Cruz, C.; Barbosa, A.M.; Molina, J.A.; Espírito-Santo, M.D.
- Ecological indicators 2011 v.11 no.6 pp. 1658-1663
- Portugal, etc ; European Union; botanical composition; coastal plains; coasts; ecosystems; energy; geographic information systems; habitat conservation; habitats; indicator species; nitrogen content; ponds; seasonal wetlands; soil pH; soil texture; spring; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Temporary ponds are seasonal wetland habitats subjected to extreme and unstable ecological conditions. Some are classified as priority habitats for conservation by the European Union Habitats Directive. Our study area was the coastal plain of southwest Portugal, which spans across 100km north to south and hosts a large number of temporary ponds as a consequence of climatic and edaphic characterist ...