Jump to Main Content
- Shishlyannikov, Sergey M.; Nikonova, Alyona A.; Bukin, Yuri S.; Gorshkov, Alexander G.
- Ecological indicators 2018 v.85 pp. 878-886
- Synedra ulna, etc ; Aulacoseira; Chlorophyceae; Chrysophyceae; Dinophyceae; biomarkers; community structure; ecosystems; environmental indicators; essential fatty acids; food quality; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lakes; phytoplankton; primary productivity; quantitative analysis; Lake Baikal; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Recent changes in phytoplankton community in Lake Baikal suggest the reduction in bloom of endemic diatoms takes place. How much these changes affect primary production remains unknown. Fatty acids are suitable biomarkers of the phytoplankton food quality. In our work we present the data of the qualitative and quantitative analysis of fatty acids (FA) in net samples of Lake Baikal phytoplankton. A ...
- Algarte, Vanessa Majewski; Dunck, Bárbara; Leandrini, Josimeire Aparecida; Rodrigues, Liliana
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.69 pp. 407-414
- Synedra, etc ; Amphora; Eichhornia azurea; Eunotia; Gomphonema; Nitzschia; algae; dams (hydrology); floodplains; interspecific variation; lentic systems; multidimensional scaling; nitrogen; phosphorus; rivers; species diversity; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Periphytic diatoms are a key primary producer in floodplain systems. In this study, we assessed the species and functional traits in the periphytic diatom community in three lentic environments directly connected to the Paraná River shortly after damming and a decade later. Samples were collected in 2001–2002 and 2010–2011 during high waters phase. Periphytic samples were obtained from Eichhornia ...