Jump to Main Content
- Valero, Antonio; Carpintero, Óscar; Valero, Alicia; Calvo, Guiomar
- Ecological indicators 2014 v.46 pp. 548-559
- best available technology, etc ; capital; case studies; coal; electricity; exergy; exports; imports; minerals; prices; Spain; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... This paper describes a way to account for mineral depletion through exergy replacement costs, which are defined as the exergy required to replace minerals from a complete dispersed state back to the initial conditions of composition and concentration in which they were originally found and with the best available technologies. The advantage of using such an indicator is that the scarcity factor of ...
- Cagiao, Juan; Gómez, Breixo; Doménech, Juan Luis; Mainar, Salvador Gutiérrez; Lanza, Hortensia Gutiérrez
- Ecological indicators 2011 v.11 no.6 pp. 1526-1540
- best available technology, etc ; carbon dioxide; carbon footprint; case studies; cement; climate change; construction materials; emissions; grinding; life cycle assessment; manufacturing; markets; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Cement is one of the most widely used construction materials in the world. Its characteristics, physicochemical properties and manufacturing process have long been the object of study. However, at this moment in time, the production of this basic construction material still accounts for 5% of worldwide emissions of CO₂ into the atmosphere. Thus, in this age of the ongoing battle against climate ch ...