Jump to Main Content
- Visoiu, Micah, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Ecological management & restoration 2015 v.16 no.1 pp. 76-78
- air; climate change; death; drought; indigenous species; meteorological data; mortality; rain; risk assessment; temperature; vegetation; Tasmania
- ... A chance observation of a drought‐related plant mortality event in early 2014 in a normally wet and cool alpine area was matched with local weather data providing a unique insight into this event. The observed plant death was largely indiscriminate in areas that were topographically predisposed to being susceptible to drought. The weather conditions surrounding this event included 5 weeks with ver ...
- Visoiu, Micah, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological management & restoration 2014 v.15 no.1 pp. 41-51
- Agrostis; Mus musculus; Oryctolagus cuniculus; Rattus rattus; grazing; monitoring; perennials; rabbits; rats; species diversity; vegetation; vertebrate pests
- ... Australia's sub‐Antarctic Macquarie Island is presently undergoing one of the most ambitious vertebrate pest eradication programmes ever undertaken. The anticipated success of this programme will release the island's tundra‐like vegetation from well over a century of grazing and disturbance from House Mouse (Mus musculus), Ship Rat (Rattus rattus) and most significantly European Rabbit (Oryctolagu ...