Jump to Main Content
- Daisuke Takahashi; Seung-Woo Sim; Eun-Jin Park
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.395 pp. 45-50
- Spartina alterniflora; grasses; habitats; models; mortality; occupations; perennials; population dynamics; rhizomes; sexual reproduction
- ... Smooth cordgrass, Spartina alterniflora, is a perennial grass species that forms distinctive colonies on mudflats. Such colonies can increase their size by expanding clonally to surrounding open mudflats and their number by establishing new colonies on far away from the original colonies either by sexual reproduction or rhizome fragmentation. In this work, we aimed to link colony dynamics mechanis ...
- Mirjam Pfeiffer; Liam Langan; Anja Linstädter; Carola Martens; Camille Gaillard; Jan C. Ruppert; Steven I. Higgins; Edwin I. Mudongo; Simon Scheiter
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.395 pp. 11-22
- annuals; atmospheric precipitation; carrying capacity; climate change; community structure; dry environmental conditions; ecosystems; farmers; functional diversity; grasses; grazing effects; livelihood; livestock; models; overgrazing; perennials; rangeland degradation; rangelands; vegetation; South Africa
- ... Semi-arid tropical rangelands substantially contribute to livelihoods of subsistence farmers, but are threatened by undesired vegetation shifts due to climate change and overgrazing. Grazing-induced shifts of the grass community composition are often associated with rangeland degradation. To identify sustainable management strategies, a process-based understanding of grass functional diversity and ...