Jump to Main Content
- Daisuke Takahashi; Seung-Woo Sim; Eun-Jin Park
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.395 pp. 45-50
- perennials, etc ; Spartina alterniflora; grasses; habitats; models; mortality; occupations; population dynamics; rhizomes; sexual reproduction; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Smooth cordgrass, Spartina alterniflora, is a perennial grass species that forms distinctive colonies on mudflats. Such colonies can increase their size by expanding clonally to surrounding open mudflats and their number by establishing new colonies on far away from the original colonies either by sexual reproduction or rhizome fragmentation. In this work, we aimed to link colony dynamics ...
- Mirjam Pfeiffer; Liam Langan; Anja Linstädter; Carola Martens; Camille Gaillard; Jan C. Ruppert; Steven I. Higgins; Edwin I. Mudongo; Simon Scheiter
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.395 pp. 11-22
- perennials, etc ; annuals; atmospheric precipitation; carrying capacity; climate change; community structure; dry environmental conditions; ecosystems; farmers; functional diversity; grasses; grazing effects; livelihood; livestock; models; overgrazing; rangeland degradation; rangelands; vegetation; South Africa; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... and rangeland dynamics is required. We present a new scheme for aDGVM2, a dynamic vegetation model for tropical ecosystems, that distinguishes annual and perennial grasses based on trait trade-offs to improve the representation of rangeland communities. Additionally, the model includes a new scheme that describes selective grazing and grazing effects on grass-layer composition. We tested the new model version ...