Jump to Main Content
- Tardy, Olivia; Massé, Ariane; Pelletier, Fanie; Fortin, Daniel
- Ecological modelling 2018 v.373 pp. 25-38
- Procyon lotor; Rabies virus; dynamic models; forests; habitat connectivity; hosts; landscapes; pathogens; rabies; risk; spatial variation
- ... In many host-pathogen systems, pathogen transmission requires close contact between infectious and susceptible hosts. The contact rates among individuals depend upon how they move in the landscape because functional connectivity can affect interactions between individuals. Yet few studies have explored the interplay between contact rates, conspecific density, and functional connectivity. Using a s ...
- Yu, Dan; Xie, Ping; Dong, Xiaohua; Su, Bob; Hu, Xiaonong; Wang, Kai; Xu, Shijin
- Ecological modelling 2018 v.373 pp. 53-67
- Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; deforestation; evapotranspiration; forests; grasses; groundwater; land degradation; land suitability; land use change; land use planning; plantations; pollution load; rain; runoff; sediment yield; simulation models; soil; topography; water supply; water yield; watersheds
- ... Agricultural activities are one of the leading causes of influencing deforestation and land degradation, which desperately needs reasonable land use planning schemes. Land use planning is a beforehand task that needs to estimate the possible eco-hydrological consequences of land use changes at the watershed scale. The method based on combination of land use scenarios and hydrological model simulat ...