Jump to Main Content
- Scheiter, Simon; Savadogo, Patrice
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.332 pp. 19-27
- biogeochemical cycles; carbon dioxide; climate change; cutting; ecosystem management; ecosystem services; ecosystems; environmental factors; fuelwood; grazing; humans; land use; livestock production; models; people; savannas; subtropics; tropics; vegetation structure; water use efficiency; Western Africa
- ... The welfare of people in the tropics and sub-tropics strongly depends on goods and services that savanna ecosystems supply, such as food and livestock production, fuel wood, and climate regulation. Flows of these services are strongly influenced by climate, land use and their interactions. Savannas cover c. 20% of the Earth's land surface and changes in the structure and dynamics of savanna vegeta ...
- Ostojski, Mieczysław S.; Gębala, Joanna; Orlińska-Woźniak, Paulina; Wilk, Paweł
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.332 pp. 83-93
- climatic factors; data collection; environmental models; environmental quality; equipment; humans; model validation; phosphorus; statistics; surface water; watersheds; Poland
- ... Obtaining a high quality of environmental modeling in the calibration, verification and validation processes causes problems for modelers all over the world. Uncontrolled variability of environmental conditions (diversity of natural phenomena, meteorological and climatic conditions occurring within the drainage basin), inaccuracy of measurement equipment, averaging the data obtained and the errors ...