Jump to Main Content
- Schmitt, Melissa H.; Ward, David; Shrader, Adrian M.
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.332 pp. 8-18
- Elephantidae; adverse effects; browsing; carrying capacity; diet; foraging; herbivores; models; neutralization; nitrogen; prediction; proteins; saliva; secondary metabolites; tannins
- ... Elephant populations have been historically difficult to manage and have sometimes been subjected to drastic management procedures. One way to monitor elephant populations to estimate a sustainable carrying capacity is through the use of standing-crop carrying-capacity models. Previous carrying-capacity models designed for grazers have posed issues when applied to browsers such as elephants, predi ...
- Xu, Zhihao; Yin, Xinan; Yang, Zhifeng; Cai, Yanpeng; Sun, Tao
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.332 pp. 94-102
- denitrification; eutrophication; freshwater; lakes; models; nitrogen; nutrient uptake; phosphorus; pollutants; surface water; total maximum daily load; China
- ... Assessing nutrient assimilative capacity of water body is an essential component of the Total Maximum Daily Load program. Nutrient assimilative capacity of lakes is affected by hydrological changes through physical effects on the dilution capacity of water body and ecological effects on nutrient removal processes. Previous research has focused on the effects of hydrological changes on dilution cap ...