Jump to Main Content
- Boisson, Sylvain; Monty, Arnaud; Séleck, Maxime; Ngoy Shutcha, Mylor; Faucon, Michel-Pierre; Mahy, Grégory
- Ecological modelling 2020 v.415 pp. 108861
- cobalt; copper; hyperaccumulators; mesic conditions; models; niches; soil; soil toxicity; toxicity; vegetation; Republic of the Congo
- ... Ecological niche modelling helps us to understand the spatial assembly of species in heterogeneous environments. Three patterns have been widely reported in the research literature regarding the relationship between realised niches and macronutrient concentration gradients: (1) species’ optima are unevenly distributed, with a higher frequency in mesic conditions; (2) species’ response curves are n ...
- Melo-Merino, Sara M.; Reyes-Bonilla, Héctor; Lira-Noriega, Andrés
- Ecological modelling 2020 v.415 pp. 108837
- algorithms; artificial intelligence; climate change; fish; geographical distribution; linear models; marine ecosystems; marine environment; marine mammals; molluscs; niches; statistical analysis; systematic review; uncertainty; Atlantic Ocean
- ... In recent years, the use of ecological niche models (ENMs) and species distribution models (SDMs) to explore the patterns and processes behind observed distribution of species has experienced an explosive growth. Although the use of these methods has been less common and more recent in marine ecosystems than in a terrestrial context, they have shown significant increases in use and applications. H ...