Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, Fred A.; Zimmerman, Guthrie S.; Jensen, Gitte H.; Clausen, Kevin K.; Frederiksen, Morten; Madsen, Jesper
- Ecological modelling 2020 v.415 pp. 108869
- Anser; breeding; case studies; geese; integrated pest management; models; monitoring; population size; water birds; Norway
- ... Development of integrated population models (IPMs) assume the absence of systematic bias in monitoring programs, yet many potential sources of systematic bias in monitoring data exist (e.g., under-counts of abundance). By integrating multiple sources of data, we can assess whether various sources of monitoring data provide consistent inferences about changes in population size and, thus, whether m ...
- Johnson, Fred A.; Jensen, Gitte H.; Madsen, Jesper; Williams, Byron K.
- Ecological modelling 2014 v.273 pp. 186-199
- Anser; dynamic programming; geese; managers; model uncertainty; models; population dynamics; population size; reproduction; spring; sustainable development; temperature; weather; Arctic region; Western European region
- ... We explored the application of dynamic-optimization methods to the problem of pink-footed goose (Anser brachyrhynchus) management in western Europe. We were especially concerned with the extent to which uncertainty in population dynamics influenced an optimal management strategy, the gain in management performance that could be expected if uncertainty could be eliminated or reduced, and whether an ...