Jump to Main Content
- Karim Alizad; Scott C. Hagen; James T. Morris; Peter Bacopoulos; Matthew V. Bilskie; John F. Weishampel; Stephen C. Medeiros
- Ecological modelling 2016 v.327 pp. 29-43
- Spartina alterniflora; biomass; friction; grasses; hydrodynamics; landscapes; methodology; models; pollution load; salt marshes; sea level; sediment yield; sediments; tides; topography; Florida
- ... A spatially-explicit model (Hydro-MEM model) that couples astronomic tides and Spartina alterniflora dynamics was developed to examine the effects of sea-level rise on salt marsh productivity in northeast Florida. The hydrodynamic component of the model simulates the hydroperiod of the marsh surface driven by astronomic tides and the marsh platform topography, and demonstrates biophysical feedback ...
- Daisuke Takahashi; Seung-Woo Sim; Eun-Jin Park
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.395 pp. 45-50
- Spartina alterniflora; grasses; habitats; models; mortality; occupations; perennials; population dynamics; rhizomes; sexual reproduction
- ... Smooth cordgrass, Spartina alterniflora, is a perennial grass species that forms distinctive colonies on mudflats. Such colonies can increase their size by expanding clonally to surrounding open mudflats and their number by establishing new colonies on far away from the original colonies either by sexual reproduction or rhizome fragmentation. In this work, we aimed to link colony dynamics mechanis ...