Jump to Main Content
- Daisuke Takahashi; Seung-Woo Sim; Eun-Jin Park
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.395 pp. 45-50
- perennials, etc ; Spartina alterniflora; grasses; habitats; models; mortality; occupations; population dynamics; rhizomes; sexual reproduction; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Smooth cordgrass, Spartina alterniflora, is a perennial grass species that forms distinctive colonies on mudflats. Such colonies can increase their size by expanding clonally to surrounding open mudflats and their number by establishing new colonies on far away from the original colonies either by sexual reproduction or rhizome fragmentation. In this work, we aimed to link colony dynamics ...
- Michael Crawford; Stephen Davies; Alan Griffith
- Ecological modelling 2015 v.316 pp. 217-229
- perennials, etc ; Aeschynomene virginica; annuals; biomass; environmental factors; freshwater; habitats; models; population dynamics; prediction; probability; remote sensing; rivers; seed dispersal; seedlings; seeds; streams; wetlands; Virginia; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Freshwater tidal wetlands are a complex environment for annual plants. Seedling establishment and survival may be limited by a variety of factors, including competition with perennials and the twice-daily inundation of seeds and seedlings. Hence such species are often endemic and rare. Their observed population dynamics can be extraordinary, with individuals reappearing in certain patches where ...