Jump to Main Content
- Mobus, George E.
- Ecological modelling 2018 v.373 pp. 13-21
- food plants, etc ; algebra; college curriculum; college students; communication skills; farms; food production; learning; models; photosynthesis; solar energy; solar radiation; systems analysis; teams; vegetarian diet; United States; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Under the proposition that all college students are able to learn to think in more systemic ways, and understand the value of systems modeling for assisting their thinking, I designed a course for freshmen with no more than basic algebra. In this course the students were exposed to basic systems concepts with a focus on system dynamics modeling (using Donella Meadows’ Thinking in Systems) of a per ...
- Kapeller, Stefan; Schroeder, Hilke; Schueler, Silvio
- Ecological modelling 2011 v.222 no.7 pp. 1293-1302
- food plants, etc ; Tortrix viridana; data collection; defoliation; eggs; equations; food quality; forest insects; larvae; models; monitoring; mortality; moths; population density; population growth; trees; Russia; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Cyclic population dynamics of forest insects with periods of more than two generations have been discussed in relation to a variety of extrinsic and intrinsic forces. In the present study, we employed the selection pressure of density dependent competitive interactions according to Witting's equations (Witting, 2000) as driver for a discrete spatiotemporal model of the green oak leaf roller (Tortr ...