Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, Fred A.; Zimmerman, Guthrie S.; Jensen, Gitte H.; Clausen, Kevin K.; Frederiksen, Morten; Madsen, Jesper
- Ecological modelling 2020 v.415 pp. 108869
- Anser; breeding; case studies; geese; integrated pest management; models; monitoring; population size; water birds; Norway
- ... Development of integrated population models (IPMs) assume the absence of systematic bias in monitoring programs, yet many potential sources of systematic bias in monitoring data exist (e.g., under-counts of abundance). By integrating multiple sources of data, we can assess whether various sources of monitoring data provide consistent inferences about changes in population size and, thus, whether m ...
- Solbu, Erik B.; Diserud, Ola H.; Kålås, John A.; Engen, Steinar
- Ecological modelling 2018 v.388 pp. 13-23
- anthropogenic activities; birds; case studies; community structure; ecosystems; lognormal distribution; models; population size; prediction; species abundance; temporal variation; variance; Norway
- ... We have in this study analysed bird communities across Norway with a heterogeneous species abundance model, where dynamical parameters can vary among species. Similarity in community composition over time, used as a measure of temporal β-diversity or the turnover rate, was then estimated. When we account for heterogeneity in dynamical parameters among species it will affect how we estimate environ ...