Jump to Main Content
- Yoshimura, Jin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2011 v.222 no.13 pp. 2042-2048
- interspecific competition; models; mutualism; population dynamics; population size; predation
- ... The population dynamics of species interactions provides valuable information for life sciences. LotkaâVolterra equations (LVEs) are known to be the most popular model, and they are mainly applied to the systems of predation and competition. However, LVEs often fail to catch the population dynamics of mutualism; the population sizes of species increase infinitely under certain condition (diverge ...
- Yoshimura, Jin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2018 v.388 pp. 80-87
- Plecoglossus altivelis; cooperatives; equations; fingerlings; fisheries; issues and policy; models; population dynamics; sport fishing; Japan
- ... Ayu fish are actively released by many fishery cooperatives in Japan. These fish exhibit the density-dependent population dynamics within territorial competition. At low density, all fish can hold feeding territories. Once all territory sites are occupied, surplus fish become floaters. As the density further increases, all fish give up their own territories and then form a school. Territory holder ...