Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Junfeng; Knops, Johannes M. H.; Brassil, Chad E.; Mu, Chunsheng
- Ecology 2017 v.98 no.7 pp. 1779-1786
- perennials, etc ; annuals; arid grasslands; arid lands; climate; drought; ecosystems; grasses; nitrogen; nutrients; rain; seeds; species diversity; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Adding nutrients to nutrient‐limited ecosystems typically lowers plant diversity and decreases species asynchrony. Both, in turn, decrease the stability of productivity in the response to negative climate fluctuations such as droughts. However, most classic studies examining stability have been done in relatively wet grasslands dominated by perennial grasses. We examined how nutrient additions inf ...
- Abbott, Ronald E.; Doak, Daniel F.; Peterson, Megan L.
- Ecology 2017 v.98 no.4 pp. 1071-1081
- perennials, etc ; Saussurea; environmental factors; global warming; microhabitats; models; plants (botany); population dynamics; probability; temperature; temporal variation; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The mechanisms that stabilize small populations in the face of environmental variation are crucial to their long‐term persistence. Building from diversity–stability concepts in community ecology, within‐population diversity is gaining attention as an important component of population stability. Genetic and microhabitat variation within populations can generate diverse responses to common environme ...