Jump to Main Content
- Levey, Douglas J.; Caughlin, T. Trevor; Brudvig, Lars A.; Haddad, Nick M.; Damschen, Ellen I.; Tewksbury, Joshua J.; Evans, Daniel M.
- Ecology 2016 v.97 no.9 pp. 2248-2258
- perennials, etc ; annuals; biotic factors; demography; edge effects; forbs; grasses; habitat fragmentation; habitats; herbivores; landscape ecology; landscapes; leaves; observational studies; probability; rare species; savannas; shrubs; understory; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Habitat fragmentation affects species and their interactions through intertwined mechanisms that include changes to fragment area, shape, connectivity and distance to edge. Disentangling these pathways is a fundamental challenge of landscape ecology and will help identify ecological processes important for management of rare species or restoration of fragmented habitats. In a landscape experiment ...
- Dahlgren, Johan P.; Bengtsson, Karin; Ehrlén, Johan
- Ecology 2016 v.97 no.4 pp. 899-907
- perennials, etc ; climate; climate change; demography; extinction; models; population dynamics; population size; prediction; risk; shrubs; weather; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Identifying the internal and external drivers of population dynamics is a key objective in ecology, currently accentuated by the need to forecast the effects of climate change on species distributions and abundances. The interplay between environmental and density effects is one particularly important aspect of such forecasts. We examined the simultaneous impact of climate and intraspecific densit ...