Jump to Main Content
- Ehrlén, Johan; Raabova, Jana; Dahlgren, Johan P.
- Ecology 2015 v.96 no.8 pp. 2280-2288
- perennials, etc ; Actaea; flowering; flowers; fruits; germination; life history; models; progeny; reproduction; seed predation; seedlings; seeds; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Optimal timing of reproduction within a season may be influenced by several abiotic and biotic factors. These factors sometimes affect different components of fitness, making assessments of net selection difficult. We used estimates of offspring fitness to examine how pre‐dispersal seed predation influences selection on flowering schedule in an herb with a bimodal flowering pattern, Actaea spicata ...
- Mordecai, Erin A.; Molinari, Nicole A.; Stahlheber, Karen A.; Gross, Kevin; D'Antonio, Carla
- Ecology 2015 v.96 no.10 pp. 2643-2652
- perennials, etc ; adults; annuals; competitive exclusion; ecosystems; field experimentation; grasses; grasslands; growth models; indigenous species; introduced plants; plant establishment; population growth; summer; uncertainty; California; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Despite obvious impacts of nonnative species in many ecosystems, the long‐term outcome of competition between native and exotic species often remains unclear. Demographic models can resolve the outcome of competition between native and exotic species and provide insight into conditions favoring exclusion vs. coexistence. California grasslands are one of the most heavily invaded ecosystems in North ...