Jump to Main Content
- Peters, Debra P. C., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecology 2013 v.94 no.2 pp. 435
- aboveground biomass; deserts; ecosystems; grasslands; nitrogen; nutrient availability; plant available water; plant growth; primary productivity; rain; rainfall simulation; tillers
- ... In arid ecosystems, current‐year precipitation often explains only a small proportion of annual aboveground net primary production (ANPP). We hypothesized that lags in the response of ecosystems to changes in water availability explain this low explanatory power, and that lags result from legacies from transitions from dry to wet years or the reverse. We explored five hypotheses regarding the magn ...
- Peters, Debra P. C., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Ecology 2014 v.95 no.8 pp. 2121-2133
- climate change; drought; ecosystem services; food security; forage; grasses; grasslands; invasive species; livelihood; managers; mortality; new species; primary productivity; rain; risk; warm season; Southwestern United States
- ... Grasslands across the United States play a key role in regional livelihood and national food security. Yet, it is still unclear how this important resource will respond to the prolonged warm droughts and more intense rainfall events predicted with climate change. The early 21st‐century drought in the southwestern United States resulted in hydroclimatic conditions that are similar to those expected ...