Jump to Main Content
- Møller, A. P., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Ecology 2015 v.96 no.4 pp. 948-959
- Felis; Hirundo rustica; birds; breeding; breeding sites; cats; environmental factors; females; interspecific competition; intraspecific competition; life history; males; phenotype; predation; prediction; risk; survival rate; Denmark
- ... Environmental conditions experienced in early life may shape subsequent phenotypic traits including life history. We investigated how predation risk caused by domestic cats (Felis silvestris catus) and local breeding density affected patterns of reproductive and survival senescence in Barn Swallows (Hirundo rustica) breeding semicolonially in Denmark. We recorded the abundance of cats and the numb ...
- Møller, A. P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecology 2010 v.91 no.9 pp. 2769-2782
- parasites; Palearctic region; urban areas; blood; adults; correlation; fecundity; Passeriformes; population density; hosts; variance; climate change; spatial variation; population size; Poisson distribution; birds; prediction; survival rate; breeding; genetic variation; evolutionary adaptation; habitats
- ... Species vary in abundance and heterogeneity of spatial distribution, and the ecological and evolutionary consequences of such variability are poorly known. Evolutionary adaptation to heterogeneously distributed resources may arise from local adaptation with individuals of such locally adapted populations rarely dispersing long distances and hence having small populations and small overall ranges. ...