Jump to Main Content
- Fahrig, Lenore; Baudry, Jacques; Brotons, Lluís; Burel, Françoise G.; Crist, Thomas O.; Fuller, Robert J.; Sirami, Clelia; Siriwardena, Gavin M.; Martin, Jean-Louis
- Ecology letters 2011 v.14 no.2 pp. 101-112
- animals; biodiversity; landscapes; nesting
- ... Ecology Letters (2011) 14: 101-112 ABSTRACT: Biodiversity in agricultural landscapes can be increased with conversion of some production lands into ‘more-natural'- unmanaged or extensively managed - lands. However, it remains unknown to what extent biodiversity can be enhanced by altering landscape pattern without reducing agricultural production. We propose a framework for this problem, consideri ...
- Morlon, Hélène; Schwilk, Dylan W.; Bryant, Jessica A.; Marquet, Pablo A.; Rebelo, Anthony G.; Tauss, Catherine; Bohannan, Brendan J.M.; Green, Jessica L.
- Ecology letters 2011 v.14 no.2 pp. 141-149
- biodiversity; biologists; conservation areas; data collection; ecologists; flora; habitat destruction; models; phylogeny
- ... Ecology Letters (2011) 14: 141-149 ABSTRACT: Ecologists and conservation biologists have historically used species-area and distance-decay relationships as tools to predict the spatial distribution of biodiversity and the impact of habitat loss on biodiversity. These tools treat each species as evolutionarily equivalent, yet the importance of species' evolutionary history in their ecology and cons ...
- PubMed Central: