Jump to Main Content
- Satzinger, Franziska; Kerr, Rachel Bezner; Shumba, Lizzie
- Ecology of food and nutrition 2009 v.48 no.5 pp. 369-382
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; community service; food security; food frequency questionnaires; agriculture; child nutrition; hunger; mothers; learning; interviews; nutrition information; focus groups; nutrition education; children; households; grandparents; socioeconomic status; food availability; food aid; food choices; Malawi; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... This article assesses the effectiveness of a participatory, intergenerational, dialogue approach in addressing gender and generational conflicts related to both child nutrition and agriculture. Analysis of 46 interviews and 3 focus groups with smallholder farmers in rural agrarian communities with high rates of child malnutrition in northern Malawi suggested that participatory discussion can lead ...
- Colecraft, Esi; Marquis, Grace S.; Aryeetey, Richmond; Sakyi-Dawson, Owuraku; Lartey, Anna; Ahunu, Benjamin; Canacoo, Emmanuel; Butler, Lorna M.; Reddy, Manju B.; Jensen, Helen H.
- Ecology of food and nutrition 2006 v.45 no.5 pp. 351-377
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; meat products; food beliefs; food intake; household income; households; nutritional intervention; nutrient deficiencies; agroecological zones; food prices; food availability; child development; fish; dairy products; preschool children; child nutrition; Ghana; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Micronutrient deficiencies limit child health and development. Although animal source foods (ASF) provide highly bioavailable micronutrients, Ghanaian preschoolers consume little. Participatory rapid appraisal methods identified constraints to the availability, accessibility, and utilization of ASF. Stakeholders working with or living in six communities in three agro-ecological zones reported cons ...