Jump to Main Content
- Odemer, Richard; Nilles, Lisa; Linder, Nadine; Rosenkranz, Peter
- Ecotoxicology 2018 v.27 no.5 pp. 527-538
- longevity, etc ; Nosema; chronic exposure; clothianidin; flight; foraging; honey bees; mortality; pathogens; risk assessment; social environment; sublethal effects; synergism; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Neonicotinoids alone or in combination with pathogens are considered to be involved in the worldwide weakening of honey bees. We here present a new approach for testing sublethal and/or synergistic effects in free flying colonies. In our experiment individually marked honey bees were kept in free flying mini-hives and chronically exposed to sublethal doses of the neonicotinoid clothianidin. Additi ...
- Pérez-Aguilar, Daniel Alberto; Soares, Marianne Araújo; Passos, Luis Clepf; Martínez, Ana Mabel; Pineda, Samuel; Carvalho, Geraldo Andrade
- Ecotoxicology 2018 v.27 no.6 pp. 719-728
- longevity, etc ; Engytatus; Solanum lycopersicum; Tuta absoluta; abamectin; adults; biological control agents; chlorfenapyr; crops; females; imidacloprid; instars; males; mortality; nymphs; pests; progeny; spraying; sublethal effects; teflubenzuron; thiamethoxam; tomatoes; Brazil; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The mirid Engytatus varians (Distant) is a promising biological control agent of the tomato borer, Tuta absoluta (Meyrick) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae), one of the most destructive pests of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). The effects of five insecticides commonly used on tomato crops in Brazil were evaluated on E. varians in laboratory and semifield conditions. Glass Petri dish with residues of ch ...