Jump to Main Content
- Palanikumar, L.; Kumaraguru, A. K.; Ramakritinan, C. M.
- Ecotoxicology 2013 v.22 no.7 pp. 1111-1122
- Chanos chanos; DNA damage; acute toxicity; catalase; fingerlings; free radicals; genotoxicity; gills; glutathione; glutathione transferase; lipid peroxidation; liver; naphthalene; oxidative stress; tail
- ... The present study investigated the acute toxicity, sub-lethal toxicity and biochemical response of naphthalene in fingerlings of milkfish Chanos chanos. The 96 h acute toxicity LC50 values for C. chanos exposed to naphthalene was 5.18 μg l(-1). The estimated no observed effect concentration and lowest observed effect concentration values for naphthalene in C. chanos were 0.42 and 0.69 μg l(-1) res ...
- Feng, Mingbao; Li, Ying; Qu, Ruijuan; Wang, Liansheng; Wang, Zunyao
- Ecotoxicology 2013 v.22 no.7 pp. 1101-1110
- Carassius auratus; biomarkers; ecosystems; enzymes; exposure duration; flame retardants; freshwater fish; glutathione; lipid peroxidation; malondialdehyde; oxidative stress
- ... Decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-209) and its commercial alternative decabromodiphenyl ethane (DBDPE) are two structurally similar brominated flame retardants, with evidence of their ubiquitous existence in aquatic ecosystems. The present study was conducted to investigate the hepatic oxidative stress inducing potential of BDE-209, DBDPE, and their mixture in Carassius auratus after exposure to differ ...