Jump to Main Content
- Xi, Ying; Song, Yizhi; Johnson, David M.; Li, Meng; Liu, Huigang; Huang, Yingping
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2018 v.154 pp. 137-144
- pot culture, etc ; Trifolium repens; chlorophyll; dose response; morphogenesis; phytoremediation; selenium; soil; superoxide dismutase; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... A pot-culture experiment was conducted to assess the effects of selenium (Se) (0.5 mg kg⁻¹) on Trifolium repens exposed to various levels of diesel (0, 15, 20, 25 g kg⁻¹) for 30 days and 60 days. Exposure to diesel for 60 day led to concentration-dependent decreases in root morphogenesis, chlorophyll content and CAT activity, and to dose-dependent increases in MDA content and SOD activity. The res ...
- Ahmad, Iftikhar; Akhtar, Muhammad Javed; Mehmood, Shehzad; Akhter, Kalsoom; Tahir, Muhammad; Saeed, Muhammad Farhan; Hussain, Muhammad Baqir; Hussain, Saddam
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2018 v.148 pp. 805-812
- pot culture, etc ; Bacillus (bacteria); aerial parts; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbate peroxidase; biomass; catalase; composts; electrolytes; homeostasis; lead; malondialdehyde; photosynthesis; phytotoxicity; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; polluted soils; radishes; stomatal conductance; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Lead (Pb) contamination is ubiquitous and usually causes toxicity to plants. Nevertheless, application of compost and plant growth promoting rhizobacteria synergistically may ameliorate the Pb toxicity in radish. The present study assessed the effects of compost and Bacillus sp. CIK-512 on growth, physiology, antioxidants and uptake of Pb in contaminated soil and explored the possible mechanism fo ...