Jump to Main Content
- Maiti, Swati; Sasmal, Kankaayan; Sinha, Sudarson Sekhar; Singh, Mukesh
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 248-254
- Allium cepa; Escherichia coli; bulbs; chromosome aberrations; cosmetics; cytotoxicity; drugs; dyes; ecological imbalance; electrostatic interactions; erythrocytes; genotoxicity; growth retardation; hemolysis; human health; humans; in vitro studies; lethal dose; leukocytes; microorganisms; mitosis; models; mutagens; pollution; root tips; surveys; India
- ... Pharmaceuticals and personal care products (PPCPs) are among the most important emerging environmental contaminants in recent time. PPCPs include wide range of cosmetics, among which hair dyes, are immensely popular in modern society. However, impact of hair dye and its residual discharged to the environment in relation to human health and ecological imbalance have not been widely studied. Based o ...
- Hrouzek, Pavel; Kapuścik, Aleksandra; Vacek, Jan; Voráčová, Kateřina; Paichlová, Jindřiška; Kosina, Pavel; Voloshko, Ludmila; Ventura, Stefano; Kopecký, Jiří
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 177-185
- Nostoc; Tolypothrix; chemical elements; correlation; cytotoxicity; fibroblasts; fractionation; hepatocytes; hepatotoxicity; high performance liquid chromatography; human cell lines; humans; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; liver neoplasms; mice; models; monitoring; soil habitats; viability
- ... The production of cytotoxic molecules interfering with mammalian cells is extensively reported in cyanobacteria. These compounds may have a use in pharmacological applications; however, their potential toxicity needs to be considered. We performed cytotoxicity tests of crude cyanobacterial extracts in six cell models in order to address the frequency of cyanobacterial cytotoxicity to human cells a ...