Jump to Main Content
- Liao, Jianbo; Wen, Zewei; Ru, Xuan; Chen, Jundong; Wu, Haizhen; Wei, Chaohai
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 460-469
- United States Environmental Protection Agency; acid mine drainage; arsenic; atmospheric deposition; cadmium; copper; food crops; green leafy vegetables; hazard characterization; heavy metals; human health; lead; mining; neoplasms; public health; rice; risk; rivers; roots; soil; soil pollution; soil sampling; streams; sugarcane; zinc; China
- ... Acid mine drainages (AMD) contain high concentrations of heavy metals, and their discharges into streams and rivers constitute serious environmental problems. This article examines the effects of AMD on soil, plant and human health at Dabaoshan mine in Guangdong Province, China. Although the large scale mining was stopped in 2011, the heavy metal pollution in soil continues to endanger crops and h ...
- Ye, Mao; Sun, Mingming; Wan, Jinzhong; Feng, Yanfang; Zhao, Yu; Tian, Da; Hu, Feng; Jiang, Xin
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 344-350
- antibiotic resistance; cadmium; chlorophyll; endophytes; food chain; food security; genes; heavy metals; human health; lettuce; protein content; roxithromycin; soil; soil remediation; sulfadiazine; surface area; sustainable technology; tissues; ultrasonic treatment; vegetable growing
- ... Vegetable cultivation in soils polluted with heavy metals, antibiotics and a high abundance of antibiotic-resistance genes (ARGs) can seriously threaten human health through the food chain. Therefore, novel techniques that not only remediate soil, but also ensure food security are urgently required. In the present study, two successive washings with 20gL−1 of sophoroliplid solution plus ultrasonic ...