Jump to Main Content
- Lagaraine, Christine, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2016 v.124 pp. 303-308
- adults; brain; cerebrospinal fluid; choroid plexus; endothelium; ewes; messenger RNA; ovariectomy; photoperiod; polychlorinated biphenyls; protein content; tight junctions; vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1; vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Ortho-substituted polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) preferentially accumulate in the brain and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) compared with other PCBs. We previously demonstrated in ewes that an identical dose of PCB153, the most environmentally prevalent congener, resulted in a higher plasma concentration during short days (SD: 1200pg/ml) than during long days (LD: 200pg/ml). Moreover, PCB153 treatment ...
- Lagaraine, Christine, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2012 v.78 pp. 336-343
- adults; brain; cerebrospinal fluid; ewes; luteinizing hormone; oral administration; photoperiod; polychlorinated biphenyls; reproduction; seasonal variation; triiodothyronine
- ... The effects of photoperiod on the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) concentration of six ortho-substituted polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs: PCB28, PCB52, PCB101, PCB138, PCB153, and PCB180), the effects of an orally administered low dose of PCB153 (0.3mg/kg, three times a week for three weeks) on PCBs and thyroid hormones (THs) concentrations in the CSF and plasma, and the release of luteinizing hormone ( ...