Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Sen; Zhou, Guangxian; Chen, Yulin
- Electronic Journal of Biotechnology 2018 v.34 pp. 43-50
- adulthood; apoptosis; bioactive properties; biotechnology; cell cycle; fibroblast growth factors; fibroblasts; goats; hair follicles; metabolites; morphogenesis; retinoic acid; transcription (genetics); viability
- ... All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA), a vitamin A-derived active metabolite, exerts important functions in hair biology. Previous studies indicated that excess ATRA hampered hair follicle morphogenesis and cyclic regeneration in adulthood, but other studies stated that ATRA promoted hair growth. Dermal papilla (DP), a cluster of specialized fibroblasts, plays pivotal roles in controlling development and ...
- González-Torres, Maykel; Sánchez-Sánchez, Roberto; Solís-Rosales, Silvia G.; Brostow, Witold; Reyes-Cervantes, Eric; Gutiérrez-Uribe, Janet Alejandra; Silva-Bermúdez, Phaedra; de los Angeles Moyaho-Bernal, María; Velasquillo-Martínez, María Cristina
- Electronic Journal of Biotechnology 2018 v.34 pp. 59-66
- biotechnology; brittleness; cell growth; composite polymers; extracellular matrix; fibroblasts; humans; medicine; roughness; stem cells; tensile strength
- ... The use of novel materials as an artificial extracellular matrix for stem cell growth is a current strategy of increasing interest for regenerative medicine. Here, we prepare thermal-remolded membrane scaffolds from poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) grafted with 2-amino-ethyl methacrylate hydrochloride. However, it is unclear whether these membranes are useful for tissue engineering.The mechanical propertie ...