Jump to Main Content
- Bai, Fan; Li, Yuke; Zhang, Hongna; Joo, Sang Woo
- Electrophoresis 2019 v.40 no.6 pp. 851-858
- deformation; droplets; electrophoresis; mathematical models; viscoelasticity; wettability
- ... This study investigates the viscoelastic effects on droplet migration induced by a wettability gradient on a rigid substrate by a numerical simulation based on OpenFOAM with the volume‐of‐fluid method. The droplets are set with different rheological properties to investigate the effect of the elastic parameters. The Oldroyd‐B model was employed. Quantitative differences in the migration and deform ...
- Serhatlioglu, Murat; Asghari, Mohammad; Tahsin Guler, Mustafa; Elbuken, Caglar
- Electrophoresis 2019 v.40 no.6 pp. 906-913
- electrophoresis; erythrocytes; flow cytometry; humans; polyethylene glycol; polystyrenes; viscoelasticity
- ... Elastic nature of the viscoelastic fluids induces lateral migration of particles into a single streamline and can be used by microfluidic based flow cytometry devices. In this study, we investigated focusing efficiency of polyethylene oxide based viscoelastic solutions at varying ionic concentration to demonstrate their use in impedimetric particle characterization systems. Rheological properties ...