Jump to Main Content
- Knoerzer, Markus; Szydzik, Crispin; Tovar‐Lopez, Francisco Javier; Tang, Xinke; Mitchell, Arnan; Khoshmanesh, Khashayar
- Electrophoresis 2016 v.37 no.4 pp. 645-657
- dielectrophoresis; electrophoresis; hydrodynamics; mathematical models; systems engineering
- ... Dielectrophoresis is a widely used means of manipulating suspended particles within microfluidic systems. In order to efficiently design such systems for a desired application, various numerical methods exist that enable particle trajectory plotting in two or three dimensions based on the interplay of hydrodynamic and dielectrophoretic forces. While various models are described in the literature, ...
- Saucedo‐Espinosa, Mario A.; Rauch, Mallory M.; LaLonde, Alexandra; Lapizco‐Encinas, Blanca H.
- Electrophoresis 2016 v.37 no.4 pp. 635-644
- dielectrophoresis; electric current; electric field; electrophoresis; mathematical models; particle size; polystyrenes
- ... The relative polarization behavior of micron and submicron polystyrene particles was investigated under direct current and very low frequency (<1 kHz) alternating current electric fields. Relative polarization of particles with respect to the suspending medium is expressed in terms of the Clausius–Mossotti factor, a parameter of crucial importance in dielectrophoretic‐based operations. Particle re ...