Jump to Main Content
- Mikkonen, Saara; Thormann, Wolfgang; Emmer, Åsa
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2386-2395
- amino acids; carbon dioxide; computer simulation; electric field; electrodes; fractionation; isoelectric focusing; peptides
- ... In this work, electrophoretic preconcentration of protein and peptide samples in microchannels was studied theoretically using the 1D dynamic simulator GENTRANS, and experimentally combined with MS. In all configurations studied, the sample was uniformly distributed throughout the channel before power application, and driving electrodes were used as microchannel ends. In the first part, previously ...
- Wuzhang, Jiachen; Song, Yongxin; Sun, Runzhe; Pan, Xinxiang; Li, Dongqing
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2489-2497
- cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; droplets; electric field; electrolytes; electrophoresis; oils; surfactants; zeta potential
- ... Electrophoretic mobility of oil droplets of micron sizes in PBS and ionic surfactant solutions was measured in this paper. The experimental results show that, in addition to the applied electric field, the speed and the direction of electrophoretic motion of oil droplets depend on the surfactant concentration and on if the droplet is in negatively charged SDS solutions or in positively charged hex ...