Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Wee‐Kee; Ang, Yiqian; Lim, Teck‐Kwang; Lim, Tit‐Meng; Kumar, Prakash; Loh, Chiang‐Shiong; Lin, Qingsong
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2473-2481
- Avicennia officinalis; desalination; electrophoresis; gels; leaves; phenol; proteins; proteome; proteomics; salt tolerance; trees
- ... Preparation of proteins from salt‐gland‐rich tissues of mangrove plant is necessary for a systematic study of proteins involved in the plant's unique desalination mechanism. Extraction of high‐quality proteins from the leaves of mangrove tree species, however, is difficult due to the presence of high levels of endogenous phenolic compounds. In our study, preparation of proteins from only a part of ...
- Lamalle, Caroline; Roland, Diane; Crommen, Jacques; Servais, Anne‐Catherine; Fillet, Marianne
- Electrophoresis 2015 v.36 no.19 pp. 2504-2506
- amino acid sequences; ammonium acetate; cattle; drug formulations; electrophoresis; experimental design; humans; insulin; methanol; micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography; pH; proteins; surfactants; swine
- ... Human, bovine, and porcine insulins are small proteins with very closely related amino acid sequences, which makes their separation challenging. In this study, we took advantage of the high‐resolution power of CE, and more particularly of micellar electrokinetic chromatography, to separate those biomolecules. Among several surfactants, perfluorooctanoic acid ammonium salt was selected. Then, using ...